IN HOLY EXPECTANCY
Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. [Mic 7:7]
My beloved child…waiting for the answer to prayer, or for the answer to your special petitions, is not the whole of waiting, only a part…but an important part in which your waiting must be very definitely in the confident assurance, “My God will hear me.” A holy, joyful expectation, an excited anticipation, is the very essence of true waiting. And here is the one great petition which ought to be the chief thing the heart of My child seeks for itself…that the life of God in your soul may have full sway; that Christ My Son may be fully formed within you, and that you may be filled to all the fullness of God. May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His Glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in your inner self by His Indwelling Holy Spirit. May Christ, through your faith, in blessed reality dwell in your heart! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth of His Love; that you may truly come to know through personal experience the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge about Him; that you may be entirely filled unto all the fullness of the Divine Presence of God within you! [Eph 3:16-19] This is what I, your God and Father, have promised!
Even so, ** **, I Myself must work it in you, and for this end your working must cease. This is My work, not yours; the results belong to Me, not to you. You must fully embrace how entirely it is to be faith in the operation of God Who raised Christ My Son from the dead…just as much as the Resurrection, the perfecting of My life in your soul is to be directly My work. And waiting has to become more than ever a tarrying before God in stillness of soul, counting upon Me Who raises the dead, and calls the things that are not as though they were. Everything that is salvation, everything that is good and holy, must be the direct mighty work of God Myself within you. Every moment of your life in My will must be the immediate operation of God. And the one thing you need to do is this: to look to the Lord with an unwavering child-like trust and an unreserved child-like dependence; to wait for the God of your salvation with a holy expectancy; to hold fast the confident assurance with a joyful expectation, an excited anticipation; “My God will most assuredly hear me.”
“Be still, and know that I am God.” In your fellowship with My Divine Son Jesus in His death and burial, in death to self with its own will and wisdom, death to your own strength and energy, there is rest. As you cease from self, and your soul becomes still before God, I will arise and reveal Myself. In Christ My Son, in His death, and in His life, in His perfected redemption, your soul may be still, and your God and Father will indeed come in, and take possession, and I will do My perfect work. Child of God! Be thou still before God, and wait upon Me!
My brothers and sisters in Christ…our God and Father has given us the eternal gift of His Holy Spirit to dwell in each one of us…never to leave me, never to forsake me: Because you are My child, I have given you the Spirit of My Son to dwell in your heart, and He continually cries out, “Abba, Father!” All who are indeed My children are continually led by My indwelling Holy Spirit! He is the Power of the Most High God Who places me where I am to be, leads me where I am to go, shows me what I am to do to participate together with Him in His work, gives me the thoughts I am to think and to present, gives me the words I am to speak or to write, and gives me Divine tokens of my Father’s Love for me. The Holy Spirit Himself testifies together with my own human spirit, assuring me that I am indeed God’s child!
I want to share a personal testimony to illustrate how during the course of my everyday life obedience to the leading of the Spirit always brings the blessings of God, and how prayer, in agreement with God’s will, moves the hand of God. After the Lord had miraculously raised my mother off her death-bed in July 2004…just as He had told me three times He was going to do, “I am going to raise up your mother” [Divine Miracle: https://preservechristianfamily.org/2017/04/25/divine-miracle/], in Fall 2006 I began asking Him about purchasing a home of my own here in Florida. As I began diligently searching, my continual request before the Lord was, “Please show me plainly, clearly, beyond the shadow of any doubt whether I am to do this and, if so, which one You would have me purchase.” That prayer was the intense desire of my heart; I was asking for the confirmation of the Holy Spirit before proceeding with doing anything at all.
By December I had screened out [on paper] literally hundreds of condominium units, and after personally looking at three that seemed most suitable, one stood out as the best by far. So I began inquiring of the Lord, “How will I know whether this is the one You would have me purchase? I need to be sure beyond the shadow of any doubt.” I was determined not to proceed unless I had a clear confirmation from the Spirit. It was during my times of intense inquiry before the Lord that He told me the exact price I was to offer for this condo unit…unrealistically low, and which was 20% below an already reasonably low offering price!
The usual real estate game was on, the seller counter-offering a lower price, yet still significantly higher than mine. I really liked that particular condo unit, but in obedience to the Lord I held fast to the exact price He told me to offer. The seller continued counter-offering even lower prices but, much to their exasperation, I did not budge! Finally, they made a “final offer”…just a token $2,000 higher than my original offer! I really struggled with that, and was sorely tempted to accept it. I agonized before the Lord because I liked that condo unit very much, and it was a great price…but He gave me no freedom to accept their offer. Finally, in absolute surrender to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I held fast. I had gotten to the place of unquestioning child-like obedience, realizing that the only way I would really know if it was the Lord’s will that I purchase this property was to hold fast to the exact price He told me to offer. It no longer mattered to me whether I lost this opportunity or not; all that really mattered was that my heart remain lovingly and joyfully joined with His will. The seller was both exasperated and furious… but reluctantly agreed to my offer! I now had the confident assurance that this was indeed where the Holy Spirit was placing me to be!
Six months later, in June 2007, the President of the Condominium Association to which my newly purchased condo unit belonged suddenly had to relocate, and I was asked to consider taking over as President. I again inquired of the Lord, and the Holy Spirit clearly, beyond the shadow of any doubt, led me to accept this position of responsibility and authority. As a result of His Personally placing me where I was to be, His anointing was upon me; over the past 12 years as President He has blessed everything He has directed my hands to touch! He has shown me over and over again in the affairs of the Condominium: Trust in Me with an unwavering child-like trust that in My will for your life and in the work I have given you to do…in the ministries I have given to you and their responsibilities…My indwelling Spirit will indeed enable you to fulfill your responsibilities in accordance with My plans, purposes, and will, and in a manner that is well-pleasing in My sight. [1 Sam 16:13; 2 Sam 7:1-8:18]
There have been a number of situations during these past 12 years that would have proven to be devastating to our Condominium Association, and seemed to be beyond any hope of resolution…until the Lord Himself intervened out of the clear blue to do what was beyond my human capabilities and capacities to do. He has faithfully honored His Word Personally given to me as His appointed leader: Trust Me with an unwavering child-like trust in all things I allow to touch your life, and My indwelling Spirit will indeed intervene in those affairs to Personally do whatever is beyond your human capabilities and capacities to do, in accordance with My Own plans, purposes, and will. [Josh 6:1-20; 2 Kings 18:17-19:35]
- Our Condominium Documents allow unit owners one pet, which must weigh under 30 pounds. A defiant unit owner acquired a large and dangerous dog, claiming his teenage daughter’s psychiatrist deemed it necessary for her felt-sense of protection and safety. The Association was facing multiple tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to fight this…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened on our behalf through the individual’s father-in-law who, out of the clear blue and in no uncertain terms, told them to get rid of the dog! Praise be to the Lord God Almighty; You alone do marvelous deeds!
- An investor bought one of the units, and defiantly leased it out to a Corporation that was using it as a rooming house for its minimum wage workers. This was absolutely not permitted by our Condominium Documents! When our Association strongly opposed him, the investor was adamant with all kinds of threats, including legal action. I held fast…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened and the investor contacted me out of the clear blue with a complete change of attitude, asking that we meet together and resolve the conflict amicably…which we did. We allowed him to honor his 6 month lease, in exchange for non-renewal and a signed legal agreement never again to lease his unit for that purpose! Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; Your greatness no one can fathom!
- Two young girls rented one of our units, and it quickly became apparent that they were dealing in drugs. Residents observed a continual flow of people from nearby half-way houses coming to and leaving from their unit. The situation seemed so hopeless; I knew it would take months of legal proceedings and documented proof to get them evicted…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened and led me to write a very strong letter, handed to them on a Friday night and giving them until Monday morning to vacate the premises or I would have the police at their door. Although I knew it was a bluff, it was what the Lord used to frighten them away! Blessed be the Name of the Lord forever and ever! For wisdom and might are Yours!
- The owners of two of our units, over a 3 year period of time, defaulted on paying their quarterly maintenance payments. This was going to be a great financial strain on our Association, as our budgeted operating expenses are funded by our quarterly maintenance fees…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened on our behalf! After several years the bank foreclosed on the first property, and then reimbursed us for all unpaid maintenance fees, all of our legal fees, and interest on all the previously unpaid balances! On the second property, the Association foreclosed and we became the owner, renting out the unit for rental income until the bank eventually foreclosed and became the owner. The bank then reimbursed us for all the unpaid maintenance fees to date, all of our legal fees, and interest on all the previously unpaid balances! Now to You Who is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to Your Power that is at work within me…to You be glory throughout the eternal ages!
- A rental couple decided to breed dogs in their unit, and then sell the puppies…a blatant violation of Condominium rules. Adjacent unit owners were distraught by the continual noise, but the couple remained defiant and uncooperative…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened and the Association took legal action that finally led to their eviction. The unit owner was ordered by the Court to reimburse the Association for all of our legal fees as well! Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare Your praise?!
- Two different unit owners over the course of years, who were renting out their units, defiantly defaulted on paying their quarterly maintenance fees. This was a cause of financial distress to the Association…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened on our behalf! We were able to take legal action, and the Court directed the tenants of these two units to pay their monthly rent directly to the Association until all unpaid maintenance fees, legal fees, and interest had been reimbursed in full! My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice!
- Our elevator maintenance provider was way overcharging the Association for their monthly service contract. The Spirit led me to another service provider for less than half the cost, and when I entered into a contract with them, I was faced with the threat of a lawsuit against us for breach of contract…until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened on our behalf, and I was able to negotiate a very favorable settlement with them! Wealth and honor come from You; You are the ruler of all things! In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all!
- When the plant nursery was installing 150 feet of young coco-plum hedges bordering our property, I had arranged with the supervisor for his workers to add the proper amount of sulfur I had purchased to enhance the soil. Near the end of their planting, I noticed that the workers had applied four times the safe amount of sulfur, which would unavoidably burn the tender roots and cause sure death of the plants… until in answer to prayer, the Lord intervened on our behalf, and miraculously protected the plants so that none of them were the least bit affected! Yours, O Lord, is the Greatness and the Power and the Glory and the Majesty and the Splendor, for everything in Heaven and Earth is Yours!
- On an Easter Sunday while at my mother’s condo, ten minutes away from my condo, there had been ongoing hours of continual torrential rain, and all the streets were badly flooded. Suddenly, the Spirit of God warned me about the pool at my condominium, that it was about to overflow and flood the nearby ground floor units! Nobody would have noticed…until it was happening. The Lord somehow enabled my SUV to make it through the severely flooded streets to my condo [many vehicles were stranded along the way!], and sure enough, the pool was on the very brink of overflowing. I was able to turn on the pump and open the back flow valve in the continuing torrential rain, and thereby avert a real flooding disaster! Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy Name!
- On three separate occasions over the past twelve years, two different individuals who did not want me to remain as President of the Association launched vicious, malicious attacks against my character and name. Through it all, the Spirit of God counseled me to be still; I did not retaliate nor make any threats. Instead, I entrusted myself to the One Who judges justly. In the end, He brought me through as more than a conqueror and with overwhelming victory! In each of those three situations, the opposing candidate received only 1 vote! You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of my Lord forever!
- Through obedience to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit over the past 12 years, our Association has spent $300,000 [4 times our annual operating budget] in projects over and above our operating budget, with no increase in quarterly maintenance fees and no assessments! The quarterly maintenance fees today are the same as they were in 2006! I am going to continue this testimony tomorrow as to what the Spirit of the Lord had done over those years to enable this…all in answer to prayer, in accordance with God’s will, moving the hand of God!
Lord God Almighty…You are glorious in Your Majesty, majestic in Holiness, awesome in Power, You are our wonder-working God. You do whatsoever You will with the powers of Heaven and Earth. You call the things that are not just as though they are. You merely speak, and it is done; the very words You speak carry within themselves the power to effect what You have spoken…immediately, completely, continually. This is surely the blessed life of deep and intimate personal relationship with You: my waiting upon God… watching and waiting, looking off unto You and listening for Your voice… with an unwavering child-like trust and an unreserved child-like dependence, with a joyful expectation and an excited anticipation, for You to reveal Yourself to me ever more deeply and intimately, and Your plans, Your purposes, Your will for me…SO I MAY THEN RESPOND, with an unquestioning child-like obedience, to every leading and prompting of Your Holy Spirit, cooperating with the Power of His enabling grace Who works in me both to will and to do. Hallelujah!
My soul, wait thou only upon God! [https://preservechristianfamily.org/2019/05/10/waiting-upon-god/]