We will be embarking on our 45 Day Journey of Faith in just two days…on Friday May 17th. The entire focus during the following 45 days will be waiting upon God for the leading and guiding of His Holy Spirit. The very essence of a blessed life of deep and intimate personal relationship with God…an abiding life of faith in God…can be summed up in this one all-encompassing principle presented below. You will do well to memorize this principle, and keep a copy in your Bible ever available to you:
Watch for and wait upon God, look off unto Him and listen for His voice, with an unwavering child-like trust and an unreserved child-like dependence, with a joyful expectation and an excited anticipation…for God to reveal to me His plans, His purposes, His will, and a deeper revelation of Who He is…SO I MAY THEN RESPOND, with an unquestioning child-like obedience, to every leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit, cooperating with the Power of His enabling grace Who works in me both to will and to do.
How do I wait upon God? By continually having my antennas up, attuned to His
every leading and prompting, fixing my hidden life in my heart…in my mind, in my thoughts, in my imagination…on the things of Heaven and the spiritual realm and not on the things of Earth and the physical realm.
With what attitude do I wait upon God? My attitude must be: in the fullness of faith…
- An unwavering child-like trust that my God will indeed lead me and guide my by His Holy Spirit as I wait upon Him;
- An unreserved child-like dependence upon God to work in me both to will and to do by His Spirit;
- A joyful expectation and an excited anticipation, as I look forward to God revealing the plans He has for me, and the good works He has planned in advance…in eternity past…for me to do.
What am I waiting upon God for? For God to reveal to me His plans, His purposes, His will, and a deeper revelation of Who He is.
What is the purpose of all of my watching and waiting? So I may then respond, to every leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit. All is for naught if my heart is not set to immediately and wholeheartedly respond in obedience.
How am I to respond?…
- With an unquestioning child-like obedience to, and acceptance of, His will…and faithfulness in doing His will wholeheartedly to completion;
- Cooperating with the Power of His enabling grace. I cannot do His work and His will in the power of my sin-enslaved human nature, nor would I even want to. The Holy Spirit alone is the One Who works in me both to will and to do…both the desire to obey God’s will, and the power to be able to do God’s will.
My soul, wait thou only upon God.