After many years of being grieved by the leaders of our Country, God’s Holy Spirit has long departed. Perhaps some eight years ago, God has severely judged our Nation by withdrawing His Holy Spirit. The wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. [Rom 1:18] This is the wrath of abandonment…the wrath exhibited by God when He turns His back on a society or a Nation. He lets them go to the consequences of their own sinful choices. God has abandoned this Nation; God has abandoned America…having the Truth, rejecting the Truth, and as a result being abandoned by God. God has removed His Holy Spirit from this Nation…Who is the One who keeps evil in abeyance. God has removed His restraining grace. He turns a Nation over to their own sinful freedoms, and the consequences of those freedoms. In the generations gone by God permitted all the nations to go their own ways. [Acts 14:16]
This is what it looks like when God has withdrawn His Holy Spirit and has abandoned a Nation to their own sinful freedoms, and the consequences of those freedoms. This is why evil has run rampant through our society…unrestrained [Rom 1:18-32]:
- God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…abandoned them…to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. [vs 24];
- God gave them over…abandoned them…to shameful lusts. [vs 26]
- God gave them over…abandoned them…to a depraved mind. [vs 28]
What are the visible characteristics readily observable in a Nation…the telltale signs… that are confirmations that God has withdrawn His Holy Spirit from them…has abandoned them in the judgment of abandonment?
- PORNOGRAPHIC CULTURE. Sexual Immorality…a society becomes pornographic. Our society has become ever more and increasingly obsessed with pornography, with millions of websites on the internet available to satisfy its insatiable lusts. This is the first of the visible characteristics readily observable in a Nation confirming that God has withdrawn His Holy Spirit from them…has abandoned them in the judgment of abandonment. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. [vs 24]
- HOMOSEXUAL CULTURE. Homosexuality and lesbianism is both rampant and militant in our society. Gay pride celebrations and parades are advocated and heartedly embraced. Drag queens…men pretending to be women, dressed in a clownish manner in woman’s clothing and gaudy makeup; many of them convicted sex offenders…are invited to public libraries to read to little children from books promoting their perverted lifestyle. Our children throughout the Public School system Nationwide are “chained to their desks” by public school moral and spiritual “child molesters,” where they are being repeatedly morally and spiritually battered, bruised, and raped at will! [Read article Children Under Siege II: https://preservechristianfamily.org/2017/06/18/children-under-siege-ii/] The appalling truth is…this is the prevailing atmosphere throughout our Public School system! An ever increasing number of school districts Nationwide are adopting and implementing a radical, graphic, and hideously perverse LGBTQ-laced “comprehensive sexuality” curriculum in grades K-12! This is the second of the visible characteristics readily observable in a Nation confirming that God has withdrawn His Holy Spirit from them… has abandoned them in the judgment of abandonment. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women…lesbians…exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts… homosexual behavior; sodomy…and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. [vs 26-27]
- DEPRAVED CULTURE. Day after day our news media is filled with accounts of virtue being trampled and laid waste. Vice and wickedness have become epidemical; our society sins by trespassing grievously; sinners have become very numerous and their sins very heinous; gross impieties and immoralities universally prevail. Evil has only, continually, and relentlessly escalated, exponentially…and will continue to do so beyond anyone’s imagination, as we have now been clearly witnessing before our very eyes throughout our Nation. We have been continually witnessing an on-going and unprecedented Satanic attack against God’s Divine institution of marriage and family; against unborn children; against our God-ordained physical gender at birth; against the People of God in our Nation; against our Country’s very foundational Constitution! This is the third of the visible characteristics readily observable in a Nation confirming that God has withdrawn His Holy Spirit from them…has abandoned them in the judgment of abandonment. God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. [vs 28-31]
God has silently and ominously poured out His most severe judgment…He has withdrawn His Holy Spirit from our Nation. This is what the Sovereign Lord declares: You have rebelled against Me and grieved My Holy Spirit…is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of God also? Because you have not remembered the days of your youth but have enraged Me with all these things, I will surely bring down on your head what you have done. Even more…did you not add sexual immorality to all your other detestable practices? [Isa 63:10; 7:13; Ezek 16:43]
Why Does God Abandon a Nation? Because the Nation has first abandoned God. We supress the Truth...our society will not tolerate anger against sin. We are men who suppress the truth by their wickedness. [vs 18]
Four specific sequential reasons for the wrath of God:
- Revelation: God has revealed Himself to man. We have the Truth…it’s in the conscience, it’s in the reason; it’s in the revelation of Scripture…but we suppress the truth in unrighteousness. What may be known about God is plain to them, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes…His eternal Power and Divine nature…have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. [vs 19-20]
- Rejection: the result of rejection is darkness. They chose to not know, and now they are not able to know. The darkness dominated, the light went out. Intellectual darkness and moral darkness turned to spiritual darkness. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give Him thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [vs 21]
There are 5 dominant lies that man likes to live under:
a] Life is random. No one made is, we are accountable to no one.
b] Truth is relative. There are no absolutes; no standards. We are free to live our lives according to our own truth.
c] People are basically good. If they go bad, someone else is the blame.
d] Everyone can change his own life…can become whatever he wants to be.
e] The goal of life is self-satisfaction. This is who I am, and I am happy about myself. You felt secure in your wickedness and said, No one sees me. Your wisdom and your knowledge, they have deluded you; for you have said in your heart, “I am, and there is no one besides me.” [Isa 47:10]
The Truth is the opposite:
a] God is Sovereign, and nothing is random.
b] The Bible is absolute Truth.
c] All people are basically sinful.
d] Only Christ can change your life.
e] Selfless submission to Jesus Christ is the goal of life.
- Rationalization: Professing to be wise, they became fools…a society of proud morons. [vs 22] In this matter of God’s judgment upon our Nation in the form of a Global Virus Pandemic, God has put into motion self-destruction. Professing to be wise, our Nation’s leaders have became fools…a society of proud morons! With our self-professed wisdom, we are now literally destroying our own selves! Never in the history of mankind have nations responded to a pandemic in such a fear-driven, irrational, and moronic way…and there have been plagues FAR worse than Coronavirus down through the ages! Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square. She calls to the crowds along the main street, to those gathered in front of the city gate: How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge? If you will turn and repent and give heed to my reproof, behold, I will pour out My Spirit upon you, I will make My words known to you. I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored My advice, rejected the correction I offered, and would accept none of My reproof. Therefore I will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when the thing comes that shall cause you terror and panic…when your panic comes as a storm and desolation and calamity comes on as a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. When you cry for help, I will not answer. Though you anxiously search for Me, you will not find Me. Because you hated knowledge and did not choose the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord. You rejected My advice and counsel, and despised all My reproof. Therefore you shall eat of the fruit of your own way and be satiated with your own devices. For simpletons turn away from Me…even unto their death. Fools are destroyed by their own self-confident complacency. But all who listen to Me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm. [Prov 1:20-33]
- Religion: Men create their own gods to accommodate their own useless ideas… Satanic false religion. For thousands of years core Biblical Doctrines outlined in Scripture have remained in place. It is only in recent years that new thoughts have been introduced, and the Supreme Authority of Scripture in all matters challenged and overridden. In this age of “intellectual enlightenment and knowledge,” humankind has become so proud, arrogant, and haughty as to believe we have superior knowledge to God. What were once Christian Denominations and churches have slipped into Apostasy, their visible leaders and scholars having rejected the Divine inspiration and Supreme Authority of Scripture. These leaders and scholars proclaim: Our theologians have thoroughly and diligently studied, and have thoroughly and diligently considered doctrine and human conduct, in the light of state of the art human wisdom, knowledge, and understanding as well as in Scripture, and as a result we therefore pronounce the following decrees:
1] Sexual activity of a man with another man [or a woman with a woman] is not sin; 2] Gay and Lesbian unions are true Christian marriage before God;
3] Jesus Christ is only one of many ways to obtain God’s salvation;
4] Etc., etc., etc. in their self-proclaimed “supreme authority” on all matters of doctrine and precepts of human conduct.
These apostate churches are now merely social gatherings worshiping an idol of their own fabrication and construction that they call “Jesus”…but not the Jesus revealed in God’s Holy Word. They exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. [vs 23, 25, 28]
Oh that My people would listen to Me; how I wish you would walk in My ways! I would quickly subdue your enemies and turn My hand against your adversaries. Those who hate the Lord would pretend obedience to Me, and their time of punishment would be forever. But I would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you. [Ps 81:13-16]